Gateway Ambassador Program
Some students enjoy the experience of working with their Gateway counselor so much that they decide to become a Gateway Ambassador. In this capacity, a student becomes a spokesperson for the Gateway program and serves as a liaison between the Office of Career Services and the Lafayette community, sharing knowledge with other students.
- Participate in workshops and programs showcasing the Gateway Program such as: First-Year Gateway Orientation meetings, Family Weekend, networking programs, Career Fair, and alumni dinner panels.
- Assist in developing strategies to raise student participation in Gateway.
- Serve as go-to “focus group” to provide feedback on programs and events.
- Serve as liaison between the Office of Career Services and student body, communicating messages to students as well as relaying critical information.
- Publicize Gateway programs through word of mouth, email, and posting fliers.
- Assist with program marketing, including design and content.
- Complete a group project that serves as a resource for Lafayette students.
- Attend monthly meetings to include development training, calendar updates, and monitor campus climate.
- Special invitations for programs to meet alumni, recruiters, or other campus guests. No deposit required for refundable deposit programs through Career Services.
- Regular training sessions to foster skill and knowledge development in a variety of areas, not only career-specific topics.
- Recognized leadership role on campus and by peers as go-to students for career resources and guidance.
- Name tags with “Gateway Ambassador” ribbons for recognition purposes.
- Gateway Ambassador business cards.
- Leadership and training experience that can be included on your resume.
- Professional relationship with all Office of Career Services staff members.
GA Selection Process:
- Applications are made available via email each spring semester.
- First-years, sophomores, and juniors are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must submit a resume and application.
- After review of application materials, select students will be invited to participate in an interview. Decisions will be made based on application, resume, and interview outcomes.
- Once accepted into the program, students are evaluated on a yearly basis.
Want to learn more?
- Meet our Gateway ambassadors.
- Curious? Please contact Melissa Schultz, Associate Director, at email@example.com or (610) 330-5115.
Student Survey: Win a $25 gift card!
As the end of the spring semester nears, we are eager to collect feedback from YOU about your experiences […]
Missed our Alumni In Science Panel?
The recording is now available. Visit – https://media.lafayette.edu/media/Alumni+in+the+Sciences+Dinner+Panel+2017/1_rkj8fgo0
Alumni Webinars: Career Club Quick Start Series
Does your career need a jumpstart? Join us for our five week, 45 minute Career Club Quick Start […]
Spring 2017 Calendar: Available Here!
As the Spring 2017 semester quickly approaches, we’re happy to present our CALENDAR! We look forward to seeing you […]
Summer Internship Funding Programs
Summer Campus Housing for Lehigh Valley Internships If you’re interning in the Lehigh Valley area during the summer, […]
Marquis Marq’s Career Advice Video
Marquis Marq is here to share advice to take the stress out of your internship and job search.
Search Our Site
201 Hogg Hall
Easton, PA 18042
Phone: (610) 330-5115
Fax: (610) 330-5719
Monday-Friday 9:00AM - 5:00PM