Gateway Program Benefits
For students who participate in the Gateway program, the benefits are both calculable and incalculable. According to research conducted by the Office of Career Services, students who remain consistently engaged with Gateway throughout their four years at Lafayette are almost twice as likely to have firm plans by graduation as their non-Gateway peers. A striking 99 percent of students who participate in Lafayette’s nationally recognized January Externship program, a key part of Gateway, reported that the experience helped them clarify their career goals. Hands-on experiences really can alter your course—for the better.
When it comes time for graduation and job searching, employers report that Gateway “completers” (i.e. students who complete the process) are more focused, have more robust career experiences, and are much better prepared to talk about themselves. These benefits, along with those described below, are what help make well-prepared graduates poised for success, and they make Lafayette’s Gateway Program a precedent setting national leader.
Benefits Gateway Students have Enjoyed
- Individualized support from their Gateway counselor to develop a plan aligned to their specific interests and goals.
- Participation in a two-to-five day shadowing experience for sophomores, juniors, and seniors, through the January Externship Program.
- The opportunity to apply for alumni-sponsored internships.
- Access to AlumNet, a network of alumni with whom they can talk about different fields and career options.
- Personal assistance in developing well-written résumés, curriculum vitae (CV), cover letters, and personal statements.
- Ability to clearly articulate their career goals to prospective employers and/or graduate or professional schools.
- Workshops, alumni career panels, career fairs, and other career networking programs.
- Support from internship stipends while doing unpaid or high cost internships.
- Mock interviews (phone, in-person, or virtual) with a Gateway counselor or alumni from their field of interest to prepare students for formal interviews.
- Access to Career Vault (online job and internship postings) and Job Alerts—a service that notifies students via email of jobs and internships that match their specific interests.
- Assistance in exploring graduate/professional school opportunities, along with navigating the application process.
- On-campus interviews for internships and full-time employment with a variety of employers.
- Preparation for the transition to life after Lafayette, with confidence.
Alumni: LUNCH ‘n LEARN: SHORTCUTS TO SUCCESS!
It’s lunchtime! Satisfy your hunger for career knowledge and make your lunch break work for you by registering for these FREE monthly career chats. Everyone […]
Fall 2014 Career Services Calendar
Our fall calendar is complete! Please click this link Career Services Fall 2014 Calendar to see and to save the dates for all the great programs we are […]
Welcome Class of 2018!
We sent you our Gateway brochure this summer with a letter of welcome which included the link to register for Gateway. If you haven’t already registered, […]
Lafayette Career Fair -Sept. 17, 2014
The annual Career Fair will be held on September 17, 2014 from 4:30pm- 8:00pm. This is a great way for employers and students to connect! […]
Lafayette Career Fair Information for Employers
LAFAYETTE COLLEGE CAREER FAIR WED., SEPTEMBER 17, 2014 4:30-8:00pm Marquis Hall Free Parking & Buffet Dinner included in registration. Click here to register & pay […]
Search Our Site
201 Hogg Hall
Easton, PA 18042
Phone: (610) 330-5115
Fax: (610) 330-5719
HOURS: Monday through Friday 8:45AM - 5:00PM