Gateway Program Overview
Gateway is a four-year career development program designed to provide students with career guidance throughout their time at Lafayette, beginning in their first semester. Enrollment in Gateway means a commitment to self-discovery and to making optimal use of all career resources (including graduate and/or professional school) at Lafayette. Wherever you are in thinking about your future, Gateway counselors, Lafayette faculty, and alumni are here to help.
Here’s how it works, year by year:
- First-year: You’ll start evaluating how your interests, skills, and talents connect to specific career fields and opportunities for graduate study.
- Sophomore year: You’ll begin to develop a network of contacts and get your first major career experience.
- Junior year: You’ll continue to build and refine your network of contacts, expand your career-related skills, and begin to focus on the employers or graduate and professional schools suited to your future plans.
- Senior year: As your Lafayette education nears completion, Gateway’s counselors and resources can help you prepare for interviews, take advantage of your network of contacts and help you land the job you want. Or you can gain assistance applying to the graduate or professional schools of your choice, or pursue other opportunities.
Participating students receive individualized support from their Gateway counselor with whom they work throughout their time at Lafayette. Among the many program benefits, students learn more about themselves and their career or educational interests through personal objectives they develop with their counselor and gain valuable experience and connections that will last a lifetime. Some students enjoy the experience so much they become a Gateway Ambassador and serve as a liason between the Office of Career Services and the Lafayette community.
- Are you a student with questions? View the Gateway brochure
- Are you a parent with questions? View the Four-Year Parent Guide to the Gateway Program
January 2014 Networking Nights
Alumni representing a variety of industries come together with students for an evening of conversation and connections. All students and all alumni are welcome.
Check out our Fall 2013 Calendar!
The Fall semester is in full swing! Check out the Career Services calendar of workshops and programs: Fall 2013 – Career Services Complete Calendar Fall 2013 – Calendar for Seniors Fall 2013 – Calendar for Juniors Fall 2013 – Calendar for Sophomores Fall 2013 – Calendar for First Years
Search Our Site
201 Hogg Hall
Easton, PA 18042
Phone: (610) 330-5115
Fax: (610) 330-5719
HOURS: Monday through Friday 8:45AM - 5:00PM