- Continuous, individualized support from your Gateway counselor to develop a plan aligned to your specific interests and goals.
- The opportunity to apply for the Externship program to participate in a two-to-five day shadowing experience during the January interim session.
- The opportunity to apply for alumni-sponsored internships that relate to your field of interest.
- Access to AlumNet, Career Services’ network of alumni with whom you can talk about fields that interest you.
- One-on-one personal assistance in developing well-written résumés, curriculum vitae (CV), cover letters, and personal statements.
- Interactive programs including workshops, alumni career panels, career fairs, and other career networking events.
- Mock interviews (phone or in-person) with a Gateway counselor or alumni from your field of interest to help you prepare for formal interviews.
- Access to Career Vault (online job and internship postings) and Job Alert—a service that notifies you via email of jobs and internships that match your specific interests.
- Personalized assistance in exploring graduate/professional school opportunities as well as navigating the application process.
- On-campus interviews with a variety of employers for internships and full-time employment.
- Preparation for the transition to life after Lafayette.
- The ability to clearly articulate your career goals to prospective employers and/or graduate or professional schools.
As a Gatewaystudent, you are committed to beginning to explore your career or educational interests as a first year student and continuing to put forth consistent effort until you graduate. You are committed to:
- Participating in career-related activities each semester relevant to your interests and in line with the Gateway Roadmap “mile markers”. (Activities may include appointments with your Gateway counselor, externships, workshops, networking programs and more). Meet with a Gateway counselor to learn more about the Gateway Roadmap.
- Following through with the personalized career plan you develop with your Gateway counselor. During meetings with your Gateway counselor, you will update and adjust your career plan and be guided in using the many materials and resources available to you through Career Services and throughout the college.
Washington, DC Networking Reception
Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Washington, DC 20004
Register to attend before you leave campus.
Congratulations Class of 2013-Let us know what your plans are!
Congratulations to the Class of 2013 We would love to know what your plans are for after gradutation. If we didn’t get a chance to speak with you at the bookstore during Grad Finale, please take a minute to fill out our post grad survey form. Please fill it whether you’ve secured plans or not; [...]
Housing Support for Summer Internships
Career Services offers support to students seeking to gain experience this summer.
Alumni Career Speaker Series
You do so much for Lafayette, we’d like to do something for YOU!
Search Our Site
201 Hogg Hall
Easton, PA 18042
Phone: (610) 330-5115
Fax: (610) 330-5719
HOURS: Monday through Friday 8:45AM - 5:00PM