- Continuous, individualized support from your Gateway counselor to develop a plan aligned to your specific interests and goals.
- The opportunity to apply for the Externship program to participate in a two-to-five day shadowing experience during the January interim session.
- The opportunity to apply for alumni-sponsored internships that relate to your field of interest.
- Access to AlumNet, Career Services’ network of alumni with whom you can talk about fields that interest you.
- One-on-one personal assistance in developing well-written résumés, curriculum vitae (CV), cover letters, and personal statements.
- Interactive programs including workshops, alumni career panels, career fairs, and other career networking events.
- Mock interviews (phone or in-person) with a Gateway counselor or alumni from your field of interest to help you prepare for formal interviews.
- Access to Career Vault (online job and internship postings) and Job Alert—a service that notifies you via email of jobs and internships that match your specific interests.
- Personalized assistance in exploring graduate/professional school opportunities as well as navigating the application process.
- On-campus interviews with a variety of employers for internships and full-time employment.
- Preparation for the transition to life after Lafayette.
- The ability to clearly articulate your career goals to prospective employers and/or graduate or professional schools.
As a Gatewaystudent, you are committed to beginning to explore your career or educational interests as a first year student and continuing to put forth consistent effort until you graduate. You are committed to:
- Participating in career-related activities each semester relevant to your interests and in line with the Gateway Roadmap “mile markers”. (Activities may include appointments with your Gateway counselor, externships, workshops, networking programs and more). Meet with a Gateway counselor to learn more about the Gateway Roadmap.
- Following through with the personalized career plan you develop with your Gateway counselor. During meetings with your Gateway counselor, you will update and adjust your career plan and be guided in using the many materials and resources available to you through Career Services and throughout the college.
January 2014 Networking Nights
Alumni representing a variety of industries come together with students for an evening of conversation and connections. All students and all alumni are welcome.
Check out our Fall 2013 Calendar!
The Fall semester is in full swing! Check out the Career Services calendar of workshops and programs: Fall 2013 – Career Services Complete Calendar Fall 2013 – Calendar for Seniors Fall 2013 – Calendar for Juniors Fall 2013 – Calendar for Sophomores Fall 2013 – Calendar for First Years
Search Our Site
201 Hogg Hall
Easton, PA 18042
Phone: (610) 330-5115
Fax: (610) 330-5719
HOURS: Monday through Friday 8:45AM - 5:00PM