Interviews, Auditions & Portfolios
Interviews may or may not be required for graduate school admission. Medical schools generally require interviews, as do many business schools. Law schools, generally, do not interview for admission.
- Be prepared for the interview just as you would be prepared for a job interview.
- You must be able to explain to the interviewer why you are interested in that school and that particular program.
- Know what you want that individual or committee to know about you so you can present it in a logical manner.
- You may be asked for your thoughts on a controversial topic or may be asked to put yourself into a situation. In either case, they are not looking so much for you to have a “correct” answer, as they are interested in observing your thought processes.
- Schedule a mock interview with Career Services. This is an excellent opportunity to receive constructive feedback and experience the “feel” of an interview setting.
- It is advisable to send a thank you letter to your interviewer 24-48 hours after your interview.
Auditions & Portfolios
Graduate programs in music, theater, and dance will frequently require auditions; programs in art, architecture, journalism and other visual fields will often ask for portfolios.
- The purpose of both the audition and portfolio is to show your background and preparation in your chosen field.
- The admissions committee will also attempt to assess potential from these sources.
- In your portfolio, be sure to label each piece individually.
- The level of proficiency in an audition will vary according to whether your program is in performance or an area such as education.
- Check the policies of your preferred graduate schools so that you can prepare well in advance.
Finance Night in New York-October 17th. 6:30pm
Finance Night in New York, Co-sponsored by Career Services and The Investment Club, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Career Fair 2017
The Annual Career Fair will be held on September 27th in Marquis Hall from 5:00pm-8:00pm. Business Dress is […]
Welcome Class of 2021!
We look forward to meeting you, and being an integral part of your Lafayette experience. The Career Services […]
Fall 2017 Calendar
Welcome back for the start of the fall semester! We’re thrilled to be able to present you with […]
Congratulations Class of 2017
Let us know what your ‘after graduation’ plans are. Fill out our Lafayette College Class of 2017 – […]
Marquis Marq’s Career Advice Video
Marquis Marq is here to share advice to take the stress out of your internship and job search.
Search Our Site
201 Hogg Hall
Easton, PA 18042
Phone: (610) 330-5115
Fax: (610) 330-5719
Monday-Friday 8:45AM - 4:30PM