Robert Beane ’58 Intern Scholar Program
The Intern Scholar program is an outstanding opportunity to receive a stipend in support of a summer internship AND be paired with an alumnus/a mentor in your general area of career interest. Each student will have ongoing communication with the mentor throughout the summer.
Students will be required to present on their summer experience at a Brown Bag to be held on campus in the spring, submit a 750 to 1,000 word Personal Statement about their experience, and send a thank you letter to the donor who provided the stipend.
Students selected will receive a $4000 stipend for a summer experience in the following industry areas:
1. Arts and Communications
2. Business and Entrepreneurship
4. Natural and Life Sciences
5. Non profit/Public Service
- Student MUST have an internship secured at the time of application.
- Student must be a current first year, sophomore or junior who will be returning as a full-time student in fall 2017.
- Student may not be doing the internship for departmental credit. However, if a student is receiving INT 200 credit, s/he is eligible to apply for the stipend.
- The internship may not be part of an academic program either in the U.S. or abroad.
- The primary focus of the internship cannot be academic research.
- Internships secured through a fee-based internship placement service are not eligible.
- Student must be interning for an employer other than Lafayette College.
- The internship must be at least 240 hours.
- Student must be in good academic and social standing.
- Students awarded funding through the Robert Beane ’58 Intern Scholar Program cannot be the recipient of any other compensation from the College or another source for their internship!
* Posse Summer Stipend (NOT the Posse scholarship)
* Rotary Club summer internship award
* Lafayette end-of-academic-year awards (which would negate eligibility for our awards): https://catalog.lafayette.edu/4128.htm
Students receiving summer assistance can’t “double dip” by receiving our funding, too. This enables us to support students receiving NO funding assistance for their internship.
~Carefully read our 2017-robert-beane-58-intern-scholar-application-packet
Applications available on CareerSpot Monday, February 13, 2017.
~ All application materials submitted via your CareerSpot account.
~ Required application components:
– Personal Statement (750 to 1,000 words)
– Budget and Disciplinary Disclosure Form
– Internship Description
– Signed Supervisor Statement
– TWO Letters of Recommendation
Monday, March 27, 2017
- Applications are not considered until after the deadline; please use the application period to prepare quality documents!
- Students will receive mentor information by the end of May.
- Funds will be dispersed in full within 4 weeks after we receive awardee’s signed agreement.
- Late applications will NOT be considered.
For questions regarding this program, contact Amy Blythe during office hours at 610-330-5115 or email@example.com
People with Disabilities: Virtual Career Fair!
Wednesday, March 15th Bender Virtual Career Fair Where Job Seekers with Disabilities Meet Employers Across the Nation Virtual […]
Spring 2017 Calendar: Available Here!
As the Spring 2017 semester quickly approaches, we’re happy to present our CALENDAR! We look forward to seeing you […]
Summer Internship Funding Programs
Thanks to the generosity of alumni and parents, we have funds available to assist students with the costs […]
Marquis Marq’s Career Advice Video
Marquis Marq is here to share advice to take the stress out of your internship and job search.
Search Our Site
201 Hogg Hall
Easton, PA 18042
Phone: (610) 330-5115
Fax: (610) 330-5719
Monday-Friday 9:00AM - 5:00PM