Summer Internship Stipend Program
Stipends between $1,000 and $3,000 are made possible
in thanks to the generosity of these Alumni and Parents:
- Carmelo “Tom” Villante ’49: Awarded for internships in Sports Marketing/Marketing.
- Robert E. Moss Class of 1957: Awarded for internships in public or private sectors.
- The Class of 1958: Awarded to students for summer internships.
- Lawrence ’58 and Carol S. Murphy P’92: Awarded to students for summer internships.
- William A. Kirby ’59: Preference for foreign affairs and/or Washington, D.C. internships.
- Steven J. Hyman ’62 & Miriam O. Hyman: Awarded for social justice internships.
- Franklin C. Phifer ’72: Awarded for an internship in Washington, D.C.
- The Class of 1974: Awarded for an internship in the public or private sectors.
- Meg Golieb Axelrod ’74/Katzenberger Foundation: Awarded for summer internships.
- Leslie Ann Howard ‘76: Awarded to students for summer internships.
- Neil D. Levin ’76: Established in memory of Mr. Levin, who perished in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.
- Barbara ’76 and Barry ’77 Bregman Family: Awarded for an internship in New York City.
- Linda Hanaway ’77: Awarded for an internship in the environmental industry.
- Barbara Rothkopf: Honors Mrs. Rothkopf, wife of former Lafayette President Arthur Rothkopf ’55.
- Marquis Parents Council: Awarded to students for summer internships.
- West Coast Advisory Council: Awarded to students from the West Coast or who are interning on the West Coast.
Additionally, each year parents and alumni donate to the Stipend Fund through annual gifts. We are sincerely grateful for their generous support of this critical program.
- You must be returning as a full-time student in fall 2017, and be in good academic and social standing.
- You do NOT need to have an internship secured at the time of application!
- You may not be doing the internship for academic credit through a department.
- You may seek credit through INT 200.
- The internship must be at least 240 hours.
- You must be interning for an employer other than Lafayette College.
- The internship may not be part of an academic program either in the U.S. or abroad.
- Internships secured through a fee-based internship placement service are not eligible.
- Students awarded funding through the Robert Beane ’58 Intern Scholar Program cannot be the recipient of any other compensation from the College or another source for their internship!
* Posse Summer Stipend (NOT the Posse scholarship)
* Rotary Club summer internship award
* Lafayette end-of-academic-year awards (which would negate eligibility for our awards): https://catalog.lafayette.edu/4128.htm
Students receiving summer assistance can’t “double dip” by receiving our funding, too. This enables us to support students receiving NO funding assistance for their internship.
- Carefully read our 2017-stipend-application-packet.
- Applications available on CareerSpot Monday, February 13th.
- All application materials are submitted via CareerSpot.
- Required components will include:
- Personal Statement (750 to 1,000 words)
- Internship Description(s)
- Budget and Disciplinary Disclosure Form
- Supervisor Statement (when internship is secured)
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Friday, April 7, 2017 at Noon
- Applications are not considered until after the deadline; please use the application period to prepare quality documents!
- Funds will be dispersed in full within 4 weeks after we receive awardee’s signed agreement.
- Late applications will NOT be considered.
For questions, call or visit Career Services, 610-330-5115, 201 Hogg Hall, or email Amy Blythe email@example.com.
Student Survey: Win a $25 gift card!
As the end of the spring semester nears, we are eager to collect feedback from YOU about your experiences […]
Missed our Alumni In Science Panel?
The recording is now available. Visit – https://media.lafayette.edu/media/Alumni+in+the+Sciences+Dinner+Panel+2017/1_rkj8fgo0
Alumni Webinars: Career Club Quick Start Series
Does your career need a jumpstart? Join us for our five week, 45 minute Career Club Quick Start […]
Spring 2017 Calendar: Available Here!
As the Spring 2017 semester quickly approaches, we’re happy to present our CALENDAR! We look forward to seeing you […]
Summer Internship Funding Programs
Summer Campus Housing for Lehigh Valley Internships If you’re interning in the Lehigh Valley area during the summer, […]
Marquis Marq’s Career Advice Video
Marquis Marq is here to share advice to take the stress out of your internship and job search.
Search Our Site
201 Hogg Hall
Easton, PA 18042
Phone: (610) 330-5115
Fax: (610) 330-5719
Monday-Friday 9:00AM - 5:00PM