Timeline for the externship program
The following is a general timeline for the externship program. Please see year specific information for exact dates.
- Externship booklet available for students following Fall Break.
- Attend “The Externship Process Made Easy” workshop in October. This is not required but strongly encouraged, especially for those applying for the first time.
- Applications due late October.
- Student notified of match status by the middle of November.
- Mandatory orientation meetings for matched students in late November.
- Financial assistance applications are due to Alumni Office in late November.
- Students begin contact with hosts in early December, and continue until externship.
- Students are notified of financial assistance award in mid-December.
- Externships take place in a two-to-five-day span during the three weeks of January before the start of classes.
- Students submit receipts for reimbursement and send thank-you notes to hosts.