Gateway Ambassador Program
Some students enjoy the experience of working with their Gateway counselor so much that they decide to become a Gateway Ambassador. In this capacity, a student becomes a spokesperson for the Gateway program and serves as a liaison between the Office of Career Services and the Lafayette community, sharing knowledge with other students.
- Participate in workshops and programs showcasing the Gateway Program such as: First-Year Gateway Orientation meetings, Family Weekend, networking programs, Career Fair, and alumni dinner panels.
- Assist in developing strategies to raise student participation in Gateway.
- Serve as go-to “focus group” to provide feedback on programs and events.
- Serve as liaison between the Office of Career Services and student body, communicating messages to students as well as relaying critical information.
- Publicize Gateway programs through word of mouth, email, and posting fliers.
- Assist with program marketing, including design and content.
- Complete a group project that serves as a resource for Lafayette students.
- Attend monthly meetings to include development training, calendar updates, and monitor campus climate.
- Special invitations for programs to meet alumni, recruiters, or other campus guests. No deposit required for refundable deposit programs through Career Services.
- Regular training sessions to foster skill and knowledge development in a variety of areas, not only career-specific topics.
- Recognized leadership role on campus and by peers as go-to students for career resources and guidance.
- Name tags with “Gateway Ambassador” ribbons for recognition purposes.
- Gateway Ambassador business cards.
- Leadership and training experience that can be included on your resume.
- Professional relationship with all Office of Career Services staff members.
GA Selection Process:
- Applications are made available via email each spring semester.
- First-years, sophomores, and juniors are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must submit a resume and application.
- After review of application materials, select students will be invited to participate in an interview. Decisions will be made based on application, resume, and interview outcomes.
- Once accepted into the program, students are evaluated on a yearly basis.
Want to learn more?
- Meet our Gateway ambassadors.
- Curious? Please contact Melissa Schultz, Associate Director, at email@example.com or (610) 330-5115.
Class of 2018! Let us know your after-graduation plans!
Have plans for after graduation? Share the news with us by completing our survey – link below. Class […]
Summer Funding Applications
Need funding for your SUMMER experience? 2018 Summer Funding…we have an application for that! Through the generosity of […]
Spring 2018 Calendar
We’re happy to present you with our Spring 2018 CALENDAR! We look forward to seeing you at many of our […]
Alumni With Global Experiences Panel
The panel was held November 9th but you can still listen to and learn from dedicated alumni with […]
Search Our Site
201 Hogg Hall
Easton, PA 18042
Phone: (610) 330-5115
Fax: (610) 330-5719
Monday-Friday 8:45AM - 4:30PM