Gateway Ambassador Program
Some students enjoy the experience of working with their Gateway counselor so much that they decide to become a Gateway Ambassador. In this capacity, a student becomes a spokesperson for the Gateway program and serves as a liaison between the Office of Career Services and the Lafayette community, sharing knowledge with other students.
- Participate in workshops and programs showcasing the Gateway Program such as: First-Year Gateway Orientation meetings, Family Weekend, networking programs, Career Fair, and alumni dinner panels.
- Assist in developing strategies to raise student participation in Gateway.
- Serve as go-to “focus group” to provide feedback on programs and events.
- Serve as liaison between the Office of Career Services and student body, communicating messages to students as well as relaying critical information.
- Publicize Gateway programs through word of mouth, email, and posting fliers.
- Assist with program marketing, including design and content.
- Complete a group project that serves as a resource for Lafayette students.
- Attend monthly meetings to include development training, calendar updates, and monitor campus climate.
- Special invitations for programs to meet alumni, recruiters, or other campus guests. No deposit required for refundable deposit programs through Career Services.
- Regular training sessions to foster skill and knowledge development in a variety of areas, not only career-specific topics.
- Recognized leadership role on campus and by peers as go-to students for career resources and guidance.
- Name tags with “Gateway Ambassador” ribbons for recognition purposes.
- Gateway Ambassador business cards.
- Leadership and training experience that can be included on your resume.
- Professional relationship with all Office of Career Services staff members.
GA Selection Process:
- Applications are made available via email each spring semester.
- First-years, sophomores, and juniors are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must submit a resume and application.
- After review of application materials, select students will be invited to participate in an interview. Decisions will be made based on application, resume, and interview outcomes.
- Once accepted into the program, students are evaluated on a yearly basis.
Want to learn more?
- Meet our Gateway ambassadors.
- Curious? Please contact Melissa Schultz, Associate Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 330-5115.
Spring 2018 Calendar – Now Available!
As the Spring 2018 semester quickly approaches, we’re happy to present our CALENDAR! Be sure to check back periodically […]
January Networking Nights
Alumni representing a variety of industries come together with students for an evening of conversation and connections. All students and all alumni are welcome.
Were you unable to attend the Alumni With Global Experiences Panel and Reception?
The panel was held November 9th but you can still listen to and learn from dedicated alumni with […]
Search Our Site
201 Hogg Hall
Easton, PA 18042
Phone: (610) 330-5115
Fax: (610) 330-5719
Monday-Friday 8:45AM - 4:30PM