When does the program start and end?
- Host applications due to Career Services by the last week of September.
- Student applications due to Career Services the last week of October.
- Hosts begin planning externship itinerary.
- Hosts receive names and resumes of matched students during the last week of November.
- Hosts continue creating itinerary for the extern(s). This includes talking to others at the host’s employer about spending time with the student.
- Students attend mandatory orientation.
- Hosts can expect students to initiate contact between late November and early December.
- Students and hosts continue communications and planning throughout the month.
- Hosts finalize itineraries for students and review all specifics with their externs prior to the holidays.
- Externships take place the first three full weeks of January, after the New Year holiday.
- Contact Career Services with any concerns or changes in plans.
- Hosts complete evaluations by mid-February.